Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bungy Jumping





Sorry I haven't blogged sooner, we were on safari and we just got back today. Lots has been happening...
OK people-I didn't get to shark cage dive because it's too cold here and it was too far away. But on our way to our safari, we stopped at Bloukrans Bridge, the world's highest bungy jump and I took the plunge! I was SOOOO freaking scared!






I was pretty confident at first, but then once we got out to the bridge, I was getting more and more nervous. Once it was my turn I could feel my stomach turn...what was I thinking?!? Once they checked and double checked my cords, they hopped me out to the ledge (your feet are all tied up). My toes touched the edge and I thought, "Nooooo....this is NOT a good plan...I don't want to go." Ha ha, can you tell by the picture? This is where I was crapping my pants!




Finally they all started counting down..."Five-Four-Three-Two-One!" and they pushed me off the side. It was a light push and I doubt I would have been able to do it without their push.




This is the part where I start screaming like a little girl. I could feel myself shaking on the way down and I thought, "I'm going to die....I wonder where I will be landing." I decided on a nice bank next to the river below when I finally felt the bungy. I was so relieved, I cheered! I'm such a dork.




Going head first, all the blood rushes to your head. It kinda hurt. But that's the only thing that did. I was shaking until I finally got brought back up.



Obviously I was relieved. I made it!!! My mom will freak!

5 comments:

Torrey said...

uhh... yeah I so would have pooped my pants. You are so brave!!

Our Crazy Life said...

You are crazy...I could never do that! How fun though, I love the pictures!

Camrin said...

You are AMAZING!!! I have always wanted to bungy jump! Now that I have kids, my mind has changed. Seeing your pictures made my stomach drop.
I love all the pictures. I wish I was there with you! I can't wait to hear more and see more pictures of your trip! :)

Annette Jones said...

your a crazy girl

TACHIINII said...

LOOKS LIKE SHE PEE'D HER PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!