Sunday, September 28, 2008

Addo Croc & Lion Ranch

Just outside Addo, there was a small establishment that just said Addo Croc & Lion Ranch. It wasn't very big or noticeable on the side of the street, but I begged my aunt to let us check it out.

It was so neat! I finally got to see my lions! Basically, they use this ranch to raise lions and then they let them go in the wild (at one of the parks). The crocs....I don't know what they do with them.
They even had a tiger (although, they aren't native to Africa so I don't know why they had one). His name was Tigger.
But the best part was a little lion cub named Princess-"Sissy" for short. How can you resist?!?

I'm so glad we stopped. They had other animals, too-tiny monkeys, Lynx, big lions, etc. You never what you'll find at these questionable side-of-the-road establishments.

No comments: