Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was good this year. I know the post is a little late, but that's okay. I got some of my favorite pictures I've taken framed, a plane ticket to Oregon, and a Wii Fit (we got a Wii from my parents)...which by the way, I have to tell you about the Wii Fit. I love it! It's so fun...the only bad thing is when I get on, it groans! It seriously groans! Like I'm too fat. Way harsh. Later in the afternoon, we went to Overton to spend the holiday with my parents and the extended family. My extended family are evil beasts, but it cracks me up. My grandma hasn't been doing so well, but there's certainly nothing wrong with her tongue--she's still just as nasty as ever.It was good to see everyone. Of course, we played our traditional Bingo game. Now, I've got to tell you that we have played Bingo for as long as I have been alive and I am convinced the old Bingo set was missing a few numbers. The's the only explanation for why I lose EVERY stinkin' year. Except one year, I did win one game. The prize? A toilet brush! Who does that?!? So anyway, this year, my present to my grandparents was a new Bingo set...with all the pieces. Well, I still lost. But Dan won twice, so he gave me one of his prizes.
The thing I love about Behmer Christmases are the treats. People in the city don't make treats like they do in the country. No home-made caramels or suckers. None of that. My favorite is the Raspberry Slush that, again, has been a Behmer tradition since before I was born.That's Dan making slush. There was a crazy storm in Overton on Christmas night. It was still a great Christmas...one to remember.

4 comments:

Annette Jones said...

glad you had a great christmas and sorry we missed you guys love ya

Tam said...

awe, so good to hear about all you guys, I don't think i've seen any of your family for years!!! glad you had a good christmas, the wii story is funny.

Katie said...

It looks like you had fun! I am a lot like Dan, a kid at heart! :)

{leah} said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. Maybe we should get a Wii