Friday, January 23, 2009

Home Already

I got home last night and it just seems like time always flies when I'm on vacation. Oregon was so much fun-Brenda and I had a blast. We truly can't be trusted together. Here is a picture of Kitten, the stowaway. I think he planned on coming with me.Once I got there, we went to coach some little kids in volleyball. The Brownsville Rec Center reminds me a lot of the Logandale Community Center before they refurbished it. It has that old gym smell. The next day we went and walked with Brenda's neighbor Tom. Tom is this mean, cranky old man (ex-LAPD that moved there for some peace and quiet!) that has 2 bulldogs. What are their names? Spike? Butch? Nope. Cupcake and Buttercup. CUPCAKE AND BUTTERCUP! Just goes to show that even the scariest of men have their girlie side. Anyway, I really like Tom, he makes me laugh and his dogs are so stinkin' adorable.
That's cupcake. Below is Buttercup.
They're so funny. They snort and drool and are crazy but I have to get my fix of the girls. We walked to Randy's where yes, he did in fact have blackberry crumb cake made just for me. So fabulous. Here's me and Randy and the poetry that is crumb cake.
I don't know why my hair looks like that. I was cold and apparently didn't care. Brenda and I also had some hot chocolate to warm up (it was way too stinkin' cold there).
We spent the majority of the time shopping, scrapbooking and taking housewife naps...and sitting in the principal's office. Taylor got in a fight at school and we had to go talk to the principal. I'm pretty sure that would be an extremely sucky job. Anyway, I can't wait for Brenda to come visit in March!

3 comments:

shamanda said...

It seems like your trip went by fast! I want some blackberry crumb cake. Bring some home next time. Her town looks like a fun place to visit. Maybe that can be our road trip sometime. Glad you're back.

Katie said...

Holy Cow, Brenda hasn't changed a bit. It looks like you had so much fun. LUCKY!

{leah} said...

I feel like crumb cake and a nap... I need to move to a samll town.

Glad you had fun