Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Raggedy Duck

My dad cracks me up. If any of you know him, he's very modest (well, let's face it-he seems to prefer raggedy things-visiting the dump used to mean a good time). This past spring my Dad and Patty went on a road trip to visit Nauvoo and all that. They went to Mt. Rushmore, went on a steamboat down the Mississippi River, saw Mark Twain's house, and even visited Marceline, MO (the home of Walt Disney). Of all these cool places they went to, you'd think he'd pick up a souvenir or two. No-no, no. Patty had no trouble finding keepsakes from their trip, but the only thing Paco (my dad) wanted to keep was this. This mangy, rotted duck decoy he plucked out of the Mississippi. As you can tell, it's disgusting...but he is very proud of his raggedy duck.

1 comment:

Tam said...

I remember trips to the dump; we even used to sing a certain song on the way. I'm afraid going dump sifting with my dad will forever be part of me, but I’m glad to find out I’m not the only kid who was subjected to that 'treat'.