Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Book Report on Knysna!

What the heck is Knysna you might ask? Well, let me tell you...

So some of you may have heard about my trip to South Africa on September 15th. I'm going to visit my Aunt Betti who lives there and I'm so excited! She lives in a town called Knysna (pronounced nice-na), which is on the Garden Route. Here's where it is on the map:

Knysna is a small town nestled around a lagoon on the Indian Ocean. Knysna is famous for the Knysna Heads-large cliffs that loom over the entrance to the lagoon. In the lagoon are two "islands" and my aunt lives on Thesen Island.



Knysna has a diverse ecosystem, with the Knysna Forest to the North...
...and the Knysna Lagoon to the South.
Some things that I want to do while I'm there is check out the Addo Wildlife Park. There are all kinds of animals in the reserve:

















But it is very famous for it's elephants.



















I'll be there for about 10 days. Some other things I want to do are go shark cave diving (not for a lack of want, but may not be able to do if it's too far away) and get a tattoo! No, I don't have any currently but I really want a small one to commemorate my trip. I might be too scared to get it in a foreign country so it may have to wait until I get back to the states...we'll see. It takes about 24.5 flight hours to get there! Anyway, that's it for now. I'm sure as my excitement grows, so will my blog.

7 comments:

Tam said...

take me!!!

The Giblin's said...

I'm jealous....have a great trip!

Camrin said...

I want to go with. As you know Brandon and I love to travel as well. Maybe one day we will get the chance to go to Africa. Have fun and let us know how the trip was when you return. :)

Tami said...

So Fun, Enjoy your trip!! can't wait to see pics when you get back!!

alisha said...

Wow, that sounds exciting! You're pretty brave to go shark diving, well have a great trip.

Annette Jones said...

what a trip, take lots of pictures and have a great time

Camrin said...

I know you are probably way busy getting ready for your trip but...you have been tagged. Check out my blog for more details.