Sunday, March 1, 2009

Shamu, churros, & Chimps

We met up with my dad and Patty for a few fun-filled days in San Diego. On Thursday, we went to Sea World. Now, for some reason my parents LOVE them some Sea World. It's not very crowded there, so we got to see lots of stuff.


We got to feed the seals, sea lions, flamingos and dolphins. We also pet some sting rays, starfish and dolphins. Of course, starfish can't breathe out of water. Here is some strange little boy telling my dad to leave him in the water. Sheesh! He was like the starfish Nazi. We told the starfish to hold his breath, what more do you want?
We also checked out the polar bears and peguins.
On Friday, we went to Tijuana to see if we could score some good deals. We didn't get much, but it was still fun haggling and, of course, taking this picture.
The next day, we decided to go to the San Diego Zoo. It's probably been over 20 years since I have been. I just remembered how big it was and some things don't change. I got a good butt workout hoofin' it through those hills. The best part of the trip to the zoo was feeding the giraffes.Their tongues were long and slobbery, but it was so neat. We saw a ton of other animals...here are a few:
We had such a great time! The weather was perfect throughout the entire trip.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Sexi Girl for sure. It looks like you had fun!

Annette Jones said...

looks like you had alot of fun can't wait to go in june for our annual trip

Camrin said...

You guys always do the funnest things!
As for names...we haven't thought of any as of yet. I think Brandon has something up his sleeve but, he will probably wait until I am in pain and just say whatever! Boy names are really hard for me. Brandon named James so I am sure he will get to name all our boys. Oh well, to me it doesn't really matter. :)
If you have any ideas I would love to hear it!

Kim J. said...

The animal pictures rock. I love San Diego zoo and want to know something funny...I have a picture of me and my college roommates in tj just like that...taken 9 years ago. that is so funny it is still there!

Kim J. said...

365 is posting a picture a day for a year. usually it is a self portrait and you have to do it no matter what...good or bad.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/365days/

is where most people post them.